One of my go-to dinners when I need something QUICK and easy is homemade Tostadas Paired with Chickpea salad, they’re so fresh and tasty and a meal that everyone gets excited for.
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Pickled jalapeños, pickled red onions, and salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, arrange tortillas in a single layer. Lightly brush both sides with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt. Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork until mostly smooth but with some chunks remaining. Stir in water.
- Divide beans among tortillas and spread in an even layer. Top with cheese. Continue to bake until cheese is melty, about 5 minutes more.
- In another small bowl, smash avocado until smooth. Stir in lime juice and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Working in batches, crack eggs into pan and cook until whites are set, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Top tortillas with smashed avocado, 1 egg, jalapeños, onions, and salsa.