Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 6
A stove top skillet mushroom and cauliflower side dish in plenty of butter and garlic! Perfect paired with Pasta Broccoli Salad.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound whole button mushrooms
- 1/2 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and it cooks off, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and onion and cook until the cauliflower and mushrooms are lightly golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Option: Mix in 2-4 tablespoons of grated parmigiana Reggiano (parmesan cheese) after removing from heat.
Option: Mix in some nutritional yeast after removing from heat.
Option: Serve topped with fresh chopped parsley.
Option: Add a splash of balsamic vinegar at the end!
Option: Add a splash of lemon juice at the end to brighten it up a bit.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 157, Fat 13g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0.3g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 17mg, Carbs 8g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 4g