Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
This Caribbean-style fritter uses fresh pumpkin and aromatic spices to create the perfect with Chickpea Salad.
- 2 cups of grated pumpkin ( I use the larger grate option on my box grater)
- ⅓ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, parmesan, garlic powder, egg, and rosemary. Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour, salt and pepper, and baking powder. Mix to combine.
- In a medium-large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil until hot. Taking about 1/8 cup of the pumpkin batter, put it into the hot oil and flatten lightly with your hands (be careful!).
- Cook until golden brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.