Prep Time: 10 minutes Marinate Time: 12 hours Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 8
Steak marinated in a tasty Mexican mojo sauce and then grilled to perfection before being sliced thinly and served with Zina's famous Shrimp Salad.
- 2 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice (~1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup avocado salsa verde
- Marinate the steak in the mixture of the oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper overnight.
- Grill over medium-high heat until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 2-5 minutes per side, before removing from heat, letting it rest for 5 minutes and slicing it thinly, against the grain.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 425, Fat 12g (Saturated 4g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 77mg, Sodium 207mg, Carbs 1g (Fiber 0.1g, Sugars 0.8g), Protein 24g