A simple recipe for sautéed broccolini with red pepper flakes and garlic that goes great with your favorite Rotini and shrimp salad on a weekday.
YIELD Serves 4 to 6
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME7 minutes to 10 minutes
Broccolini (about 1 pound total)
red pepper flakes (optional)
Lemon wedges, for serving (optional)
garlic, thinly sliced
1. Shake off the excess water after rinsing the broccolini in cold water. Trim the stems of the broccolini about 1/2 inch from the bottom.
2. In a large skillet with a straight side, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the broccolini and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the broccolini is brilliant green and parts of the stems and floret tips are gently browned.
3. Add the red pepper flakes, salt, and garlic, if using. Sauté the garlic for a further 30 seconds or so, until it begins to smell good. Cook the broccolini for 1 to 2 minutes, covered, until it turns a brilliant green and is crisp-tender.
4. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges, if using.
5. Best serve with your favorite Rotini and shrimp salad